Motorola G8 Plus launch has added a new phone to its line-up with the launch of the Moto G8 Plus in India. The phones will be available in Cosmic Blue, Crystal Pink colours and will go on sale by the end of this month.
The G8 Plus is an addition to the mid-range Moto G series phones.
Moto G8 Plus Price and availability
With the launch of Moto G8 Plus, Motorola will be looking to expand its market share in the mid-range smartphone segment.
The aggressive pricing of the phone suggests Motorola is looking back to gain its status in the mid-range section.
Moto G8 Plus specification
The Moto G8 Plus sports a 6.3-inch full HD+ display with a waterdrop notch. On the inside the phone is powered with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor paired with a single 4GB+64GB storage variant.
The phone will get Android 9 Pie interface. In terms of design the phone looks similar to the recently launched Moto One Macro but has a more refined finish.
Talking about the camera on the Moto G8 Plus the device gets Quad camera setup with a 48-megapixel primary lens assisted by a 16-megapixel ultrawide camera with a 117-degree field of view and a 5-megapixel lens depth sensor.
Moto G8 Plus also gets a Laser autofocus sensor to for clicking pictures on the go. On the front, there’s a 25-megapixel selfie shooter for clicking selfies.
The phone comes packed with a 4000 mAH battery with Motorola’s Turbo Power 15W fast charger and type- C support.
Motorola Moto G8 Plus Quick Facts
- Moto G8 Plus phone comes with three rear cameras including a 48-megapixel primary sensor, 5-megapixel depth sensor, and 16-megapixel ultra-wide angle sensor.
- The camera also comes with laser autofocus, Night Vision mode, and quad-pixel technology for lowlight photography. On the front, Moto G8 Plus comes with a 25-megapixel selfie camera.
- Moto G8 Plus sports a 6.03-inch IPS LCD screen with full HD+ resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio.
- It runs on Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor. The phone comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage built in.
- Moto G8 Plus also supports expandable storage up to 512GB via a microSD card.
- A 4,000mAh battery powers the phone. The latest Moto phone is said to deliver up to 40 hours of battery life on a single charge. The TurboPower 2 fast charging fuels up the phone with 8 hours of power in 15 minutes, claims Motorola.
- Moto G8 Plus includes water-repellent design, Dolby Stereo speakers, a fingerprint reader on the back.