Most men will focus on what they see in the mirror, including biceps (OK, especially biceps). This will leave you front-heavy, which is why strengthening the back is just as, if not more, important as chest day.
Exercise 1: Barbell bent-over row
Perform 10 reps x 4 sets
- Stand over the barbell, legs shoulder-width apart, with the middle of your feet under the bar.
- Grab the bar with an underhand grip and perform a dead-lift to get into your upright position.
- Bend at your hips and knees and lower your torso until it’s almost parallel to the floor, keeping your neck in line with your spine.
- Let the barbell hang with your arms straight. Bracing your core and squeezing your shoulder blades together, row the bar to your sternum.
- Lower the barbell back down with control and perform another rep.
Exercise 2: One-arm bench row
Perform 10 reps x 3 sets (both sides)
- Put your favoured leg on a bench and grab the far side with the same-sided hand, bending forward so your upper body is parallel to the ground.
- Reach down and grab the dumbbell with a strong, neutral grip, keeping your back straight.
- Engaging your core, pull the dumbbell to your chest, squeezing your shoulder and back muscles.
- Lower the dumbbell back to its starting position with control and perform another rep.#
Try it now in 20 minutes.